A small library of 2010 Census data products is starting to grow in Delaware. The Census Bureau released Delaware’s redistricting data earlier this week. Those data sets are available from the Census Bureau’s FTP site and on the new American FactFinder. We have started to explore that data and create Delaware-specific data products.
The redistricting data, officially known as the 2010 Census Redistricting Data (Public Law 94-171) Summary File, includes population totals, population by race and Hispanic origin, population 18 and older (voters), and housing units (total and by occupancy status). The racial breakdowns include six single race groups and 57 multiple race groups (63 total race categories).
The 2010 edition of TIGER Shapefiles has been available for some time. We have started adding parts of the redistricting data sets to those shapefiles to create new products.
- Delaware census tracts with 2010 Census population and housing counts.
- Delaware census block groups with 2010 Census population and housing counts.
Also available are several tabular files:
- State, Counties & Towns (Google Doc) with 2000 and 2010 population counts, numerical change and percent change
- Population change, 2000 – 2010 (csv) for the state, counties and towns
- Housing unit change, 2000 – 2010 (csv) for the state, counties and towns
- Population counts, 1940 – 2010 (csv) for the state, counties and towns
- Housing unit counts, 1970 – 2010 (csv) for the state, counties and towns
And we have added the 2010 data for the state and counties to the Delaware Census Counts, 1790 to 2010 data set posted on the Census State Data Center site.
Stay tuned to the Census State Data Center site for more updates as we work our way through these data sets. And if any of you have created new data products from the 2010 Census release, please let me know so we can point to them and applaud your efforts.